Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Different Sentiments...

1)I am not amused, I am sitting in the institute and Dhruv, after provoking me and receiving a rather insulting reply, has reverted to high degree profanities for me. His female friends are all ears for it, and I'm staring and smiling at Rahul. I'm rather helpless, coz every inch of my body is itching to get up and punch him hard, what I usually do, but I don't want my promise to my mother to be shortlived. I don't care for the Teacher much. I do not want to fuel a fight by speaking up, but Dhruv is already telling me that he'd teach me some lesson during the recess. Rahul tells him to stop or he'll be stretched out at the back of his car when the class ends. He has stopped and I'm to concentrate on the board.

2)I am rather surprised, but not pleasantly. I was conversing with my cousin, 3 years younger than me and was commenting on the group of girls she hung out with. I had heard a lot of tasteless murmur about those girls and I tried to warn my Aunt as I did not want her to fall in the same category. The conversation suddenly shifted to my class 12th board marks and she, obviously irritated, told me that the aggregate I had secured did not have great value and I'd hardly be able to get admission in a good DU college. If I say that I'm not shocked and sad, then I'd be lying. The girl had always respected me and she had made an attempt to speak it in such a way, that would insult and upset me. Well kids do grow up enough to shoot back at you someday. It was my turn to speak and I first made a very sarcastic and rude remark that nobody among her paternal or maternal relatives would ever have managed to boast of such a percentage (Obviously I made it sound really insulting in Hindi.) Then I asked her if her percentage bordered more on the thirties or the forties last semester. Then I slammed the door and walked out of the house, My Aunt calling after me all the while...

3)I am shivering in the heat, I just avoided an accident man....The signals were all screwed, from Rajouri to Tilak Ngr metro station, showing the red and blinking green and yellow signals at the same time. The traffic had gone haywire. I was taking a left turn when a car rushed by at high speed just in front of me and I had to hit the brakes hard. I avoided accident with the car but I heard a screeching sound and looked left and saw a blueline coming at some speed 10 mtrs away. Paralysed I just kept looking, not able to do anything but that. I wasn't even wearing a helmet. The blueline stopped about a feet away from me. It took my heart 10 seconds to start beating again. It would sound corny but it was the nearest death experience I'd had.
I raced the bike and drove away....This incident really did scare the shit out of me. I vow to wear a helmet from now onwards. No guarantee about the time I would continue doing that though.

10 comments:

Ayyappan said...

Interesting post..!
I know a certain Dhruv as well..! He too, is a moron..! :D
Wear a Helmet...and I hope you've stopped jumping red lights..! :D :P

//"Yaar Manvi ko na bataiyo."//

Oh!! I love this Hindi.. I'll come to Delhi once just to hear you talk...! :D :P

Kunwar Krishna Khurana said...

Lol I thought 'Yaar' is quite common down there too? No?


Ya even before writing I knew that it would be interesting coz every incident is not really lengthy :P
I hope nobody gets bored :P

Unknown said...

Nice .. mujhe laga you'll also go join him up and punch him to add to the effect .. but nevertheless, job done :D

kunwar said...

Arey beating up an already knocked out guy? na na yaar, not my style :P

Insane said...

last one was really good /)... tere haath gande bhi nahi hue =))

Mads said...

good one...totally different from each other :) good work..
and wear a helmet :O ur mad...delhi traffic mei it's a must...

Mads said...

sahi lag raha hai award yaar :D

kunwar said...

I'm wearing it.... :P

Anonymous said...

last one was the best..certainly u hve got gr8 frenz...god bless wid more of such palz :D...

dnt 4get 2 wear ur helmet aage se..:o

luvly post in all...:)

-chaynika

Himanshu said...

hhhhmm
I agree.These days your cousins
can surely irritate you no end!!
Its those sarcastic comments that
are so difficult to ignore.Neways
good to see the guy get hit!!
How did he behave after that??